Mid-Missouri Family Calendar

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Welcome to Mid-Missouri Family

When our family moved to Columbia last year I found myself spending way too much time trying to find information about things to do and find area activities that were age appropriate for me to do with my toddler son.

No doubt, the information was and is out there - but finding it was quite a challenge and often very time consuming!

I started to compile a list of where I found information and kept a running log of things - in an ideal world - I’d like to see presented in one place; I asked friends with children what they’d like; and I researched online to see what other sites offered.

After several months, I had a really good idea of what myself and others wanted:
  • a one-stop resource for information about what is going on and ongoing activities and classes
  • a resource that is well organized by topic or type of activity and easy to navigate
  • a calendar that is easy to read through and current
  • a resource that includes tips to save time and money
  • a site that supports the local community and local charities
  • a place online where “family” is central and information is family-focused
    a site that delivers information to email to provide information on what is happening in the coming week (or month)

Please tell your family and friends about our exciting new website! We’d love to hear from you about what you’d like to see and read, so feel free to leave comments, suggestions and feedback in our comments section!

No comments: